Saturday, March 01, 2008

Don't Make Excuses for Yourself!!!

While I was doing my outside jog this morning, I saw a lady that was at least 80 and using a cane taking a walk . This made me think about something I have meant to write about for a while now. Many of us make excuses for why we can't work out or exercise.... I am too busy, I am too fat & embarrassed, my knees hurt, my back hurts etc. Although I am NOT saying that you may have physical limitations, for those that do, many of us don't OR the physical problem may be related to the extra weight on your frame.

Many times when I exercised outside, I saw older people with canes, older people speed walking & even slow jogging, I saw them riding bicycles and I even saw a man pushing his walker as he walked & up a hill at that!!!!!

We all know how easy it is to make excuses .. DON'T!!!! There is always something we can do. If you have physical issues, discuss it with your doctor & make a plan for things that you can do without hurting yourself. Like I said before, losing weight may help reduce whatever physical issues you have that limit you.

As always, you also need to eat healthy too or at least work on reducing your calorie intake if you are taking in too many calories.

You can do it. Just stop making excuses & get out there and move!!!!

No comments:

My Food Diary