Sunday, March 02, 2008

If It Is Not Working, Change It!!!!

I know I have written about this before & had it as a tip of the day but I want to really emphasize this important point, IF IT IS NOT WORKING CHANGE IT! Of course, give yourself the time to figure out IF it is working first. Don't change after 2 days or even 5 days but give yourself adequate time to understand if your food program or fitness program is not working for you.

As I have said many times, I have made changes to both my food & fitness program MULTIPLE times over the years. Right now, I am going thru that lovely perimenopause time. If you are a woman, you either know about this or are going to find out about it some day! I am working to change my food program because my hormones are changing & weight likes to stick to my body in certain areas. I continue to work thru this because some of the things I have tried are not quite working. BUT, I know I will find the right formula. In addition, I have increased the intensity of my fitness program on certain days.

The purpose of this post is to really point out the importance of NOT GETTING STAGNANT. Your body likes change in the best of times & therefore, in "not the best of times" or at times when our bodies are "stuck", you must make changes to force out new progress. Keep with it, make changes when necessary & stay true to yourself. You are important enough to put yourself first & put out the effort & change to get past that sticking point!!!!

No comments:

My Food Diary