Monday, March 17, 2008

More on Abdominals!

I know everyone always likes to hear about abdominals so here is a link to an article from Oxygen magazine with lots of good information on what is takes to get & keep "the six pack" AND pictures of more ab exercises. The link is at the end of this post. Also, keep in mind that seeing that 6 pack comes down to your food program & burning the fat layer on top of them!

An important note regarding the paragraph on adding weight/resistance when you do abs. Pay attention as you do this & make sure that you are not a type that gets "blocky in the middle" when adding resistance to ab exercises. I have to be pretty careful about this. I use anywhere from 0 to 10 pounds when doing crunches but I do have to be careful with anything weighted when doing my obliques. I am the type that can get blocky from weighted exercises for my obliques. I learned this from experience. Men have less problem with this & many women don't have problems ... BUT, I just want to put this out there since I do have to be careful due to my body type.

Do your ab exercises slowly & feel them. Many times if you slow down & "feel it" versus rushing through them, you will not need weights or as much resistance and of course you will get better results with correct form!!!! Enjoy the article!

http://oxygenmag.com/main.php?page=1

No comments:

My Food Diary