Friday, March 21, 2008

Are You Hungry or Are You Really Thirsty

I am sure many of you have heard experts say that sometimes when we think we are hungry, that we may actually be thirsty. I can hear lots saying.. yeah, right! They are just trying to get us not to eat too much!

Well, once again, I put this to the test. We all know that we need to stay hydrated throughout the day with water or low/non calorie healthy alternatives. But, I have put the above statement to the test. It really makes sense if you think about whether you have gotten enough fluids in you during the day. There are times when I have really been feeling "hungry" but I know also that I have not consumed enough water up to that point in the day. Drinking water or another non/low calorie alternative definitely did the trick!!!

I urge you all to try this unless you know that it is meal time & then you probably are hungry. I tested this in times when it was not a supposed "meal time". Either way, give it a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.

PS: Don't use this to NOT eat at all... too few calories will put your body into starvation mode! Also, I really like the no calorie flavored water for those that have difficulty always drinking plain ole water.

No comments:

My Food Diary