Thursday, March 13, 2008

Q&A from a Reader-Portion Control

I wanted to address a question I got from a reader.. actually a response. This is a lady that is trying hard to lose weight but like many of us, she has problems with the amount of food she eats each day. I was pointing out to her the benefits of logging your food & how the My Food Diary site on my blog would be a tremendous help to her.

In addition, she also mentioned that she was working on her "mind" and setting exercise goals.

Here is my response to her:

It is great that you are working on your mind. Negative talk to ourselves is such a big problem & I am not immune to that, believe me! After being heavy when I was a kid & younger, it does stay with you!

Yes, portion control is one of those major problems with people that tend to be overweight. It takes time but you can get that under control. Just keep trying & make small changes along the way. They add up!

Goal setting is good too! Small steps lead to big results so stay with it, talk good to yourself & keep up the good work!

I think this is good advice for all of us: Stop the negative talk, work on portion control & logging your food and set small attainable goals that you work towards. Setting too large a goal or too broad a goal can lead to disappointment so set those small attainable ones, reward yourself with non-food related items and see the results pile up in terms of pounds loss, muscle gained and a renewed appreciation for yourself!!!!

I believe in you!

No comments:

My Food Diary