Tuesday, March 25, 2008

EAT CONSCIOUSLY! IMPORTANT!

I don't know if any of you have caught the new show on TLC called I Can Make You Thin. There are definitely some interesting principles discussed which I will go into further in a different post. I would like to talk about 2 though.. these are ones that I have been using for quite a while now but I had to learn from experience. Once again, I did things wrong at first & it was lots of experimentation & give and take to understand how to lose & keep off the weight in a healthy manner.

Eat consciously! This means pay attention to what you are eating!!! Try to turn off the TV or computer or put down the book. Try to do nothing but concentrate on what you are eating at that time. Take a bite, put down the fork & knife.. chewing consciously & take notice of the food, the smell, the taste. This basically means.. SLOW DOWN! Give yourself time to enjoy it & also this will give your stomach time to register when it is really full.

Stop When You are Full! If you eat consciously, slow down, pay attention & eliminate distractions, you will actually be full eating less than you normally would... your stomach will have time to register that it is full because you are giving the food time to get there! You are not mindlessly shoveling it down. It may take a few days to figure out when you are actually full but when you are.. STOP EATING!!!!! You will find that you are eating less because you give yourself time to enjoy the food & understand when you are really full.

Tests have been dome on this when people are actually blind folded or have their eyes closed while eating, They ate 1/3 to 1/2 less than they normally would previously!

Put this to the test. If you do it right & give it a chance, I promise you that you will find out that you are actually full long before you thought you would be & will be eating less.

EAT CONSCIOUSLY AND STOP WHEN YOU ARE FULL!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

My Food Diary