I wanted to update you on my stubborn hormone related weight. NOW, THE YOUNGER PEOPLE & MEN.. DO NOT TUNE THIS OUT! THIS IS SOMETHING YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO AS WELL . Hormone changes effect women from the 20's to the 30's, from the 30's to the 40's and so on.. maybe anytime in between. Men, your bodies change too so this talk of me & my hormone related weight struggles effects all of us at an age. Why? Because I am talking about how we must always evaluate our progress, our workouts, our food plan and make changes along the way.
I have already written about how important change is to the body & especially with our workouts, the body likes change. I consistently make small changes every week (that is just me) but there are times when I know my body needs a major change... a complete & total shake up. How do I know this.. by keeping in tune with my body. We must all do that & you will learn your body with time. This applies to workouts AND food.
So, back to how this applies to me & all of you. Being at my age and a woman, hormones do effect how our body works.... unfortunately! I blogged about my hormone related weight stubbornness a while back. Well, I kept at it, making changes to my food & workouts & it paid off! I was able to budge those 4-5 pounds off this short 5'1" body of mine! I did it by increasing the intensity of my workouts (if that is possible because I am very intense to begin with) and I changed my food choices & cut back on calories slightly.. just enough to budge the weight but not too much that I was not supporting my intense workouts. You have to keep experimenting to get to what works for you! There are times when the hormones are not as bad too and I can rest more & maybe eat a bit more. It all depends on what the body is "telling me".
This applies to all of us.. men and women of all ages! All along the way, keep in tune with your body & you will know when it needs minor & major changes. Plus, if you get to these stubborn points or plateaus, push thru it. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!! Make changes to get the results. You can do it!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment