Many of us continue to tell or convince ourselves that we are too tired to work out.. whether right when we wake in the morning or at the end of that day.. or whenever you have picked for your workout time. I have discussed this before but remember, YOUR BODY CAN DO MORE THAN YOUR MIND THINKS IT CAN!!!! I HAVE PUT THIS PERSONALLY TO THE TEST.
I am a VERY EARLY morning workout person. Often when that alarm rings, I am thinking, man, I am tired. But, I have learned from experience that once I get up & moving, I start to feel better.. and once I get myself in that gym & start into the workout, I feel even better and by the end of the workout, I really feel empowered & like I have accomplished so much! You really can do more than your mind likes to tell you OR more than you try to talk yourself out of!!!! We are great at "giving in"... DON'T!
This same principle goes for the exercise part. I often get on that treadmill or Stepmill and think I am working pretty hard but I always like to challenge myself a bit more. Try pushing yourself that little extra & you will find out that you really can do more or go faster than you think you can. As you continue to do this, your cardiovascular fitness level will improve & you will most likely see results on the scale or in how your clothes fit. Same for weights. Don't stop just because.... really push yourself to see how much you can really do.
Look, it is going to feel uncomfortable to challenge yourself but that is the only way to make improvements & improve. Most people don't want to feel this but get over it, put yourself to the test & you will learn & see how much more you are really capable of doing. Believe in yourself!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment