There are lots of experts weighing in about whether eating after dinner is bad for you. Some say do not eat anything 2 hours prior to bedtime. Others say that it is calories in vs. calories out. I think it is more complex than that and I just happened to read a great article on one of my fav sites, Diet Detective, about this very subject. They talk about why you eat, what you are eating & solutions for the whole issue of snacking at night, especially those of you that really eat too many high calorie foods at night and/or are just eating way too many calories whether it is a healthy snack or not. Here is the link to this great article:
http://www.dietdetective.com/content/view/1136/156/
As for me, if you want to know what I do, I have a few healthy snack options that I rely upon for my post last meal of the day. I actually can consider it one of my small mini meals since I am an "eat 5-6 mini meals throughout the day rather than 3 main meals". The other thing I do (which is a point in the previous article) is that I brush my teeth right after eating my snack. That keeps me from eating any more after that. This may not work for all but it does for me!
Please read this article!!! The information is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment