Sunday, February 24, 2008

Make Yourself Important Enough!

I got an email from a reader asking me how she can motivate herself to keep to an exercise routine.. that things and life always seem to get in the way. I wrote back with a number of things but the main point that caught her eye was: MAKE YOURSELF IMPORTANT ENOUGH! She said this really hit home and she was actually going to make it her mantra for awhile.

I think so many of us, especially women, get caught in this trap of putting everyone before ourselves. But as the old saying goes, if you are good to yourself, you can be that much better for everyone else.. especially if you like yourself vs. always putting yourself down. PLUS, you will be around for them too if you make yourself & your health a priority.

I am not saying that you have to ignore everyone else. For example, I don't buy myself very many things or clothes. The money needs to go to bills and things I want to do for family & friends. BUT, I do make my fitness routine & healthy eating a priority no matter what. If I am going out of town or if I have meetings/get togethers that are coming up, I always sit down & figure out how I can fit my exercise routine in or at least some form of exercise no matter what. I PLAN AHEAD FOR IT! It does not have to be what I normally do, but I want to do something. This is where I always come first.

See, you don't have to be selfish about everything but you can be selfish about keeping yourself healthy & MAKING YOURSELF IMPORTANT ENOUGH!

No comments:

My Food Diary