Commenting on my tip of the day, by keeping tempting foods out of the house, office or wherever you are is a step towards success.
Let's look at me. I love cookies.... not those package kinds from the store though. I like big ole bakery cookies like the ones at Starbucks, Borders and places like that. I have certain ones that I know I like & I do not waste my calories elsewhere. If I happen to try a different one & I don't think it is worth the calories, I don't eat it!
I also plan for this as part of my overall food program. I keep only healthy snacks in the house but plan for my weekend cookie or two. I don't buy them & keep them in the house because we all know that there are days when the emotions get the best of us .. or the hormones for some of us women!
Make your goals for losing weight & getting fit easier by keeping whatever tempts you far away. For those occasions where you really want that treat you love, plan for it and/or make it part of your program.
Some people just can't stop at one or just can't stop after they eat something they consider "bad". I understand that & for those of you like that, just keep all that stuff far away & stay away from it while you are trying to reach your goal weight.
For me, I need to know that I will have times when I can have that treat that I love so much. As I said above, I plan for it & have made it part of my program. I know that I have to figure in the calories, fat etc. as part of my weekly total. When I was younger, I did not do this & I was a very frustrated person. I have learned that you can fit these treats in but you just have to plan for them, figure them in to your food program & know when to stop. Don't eat those big ole cookies every day. As long as you know that you are one of those people that can fit the treats in but then get right back to the business of eating healthy, I say this is the way to go.
For example, I know there are lots of chocolate lovers out there. Now, we have heard that certain kinds of dark chocolate are good for us BUT in limited amounts. I even know people that have a very small bite of it every day just so they have that taste in their mouth & that special treat for them. The key to this is to keep that amount SMALL .. a bite or small square of that dark chocolate bar. BUT, you must also figure that in to your eating plan & also know that you can stop at that one piece/bite.
The key point here is PLANNING. Know what you are putting in your mouth & plan out the calories/fat etc. in your overall program. Make it work for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment