Saturday, February 09, 2008

More About Choices

More about my choices post below. It was beautiful Saturday in my home of southern California today. People were out everywhere enjoying the summer like weather in shorts & t-shirts. Lots of treat eating go around!!!!

OK, I will get to my point! This is where you make choices about what you will & will not eat and how important your fitness program is to you. If you ask me what I do, this is it. I say to myself, what do I want most, a big ole cookie, an ice cream or whatever it is that might be your ideal treat. I make the choice of which thing I want the most & I savor every last bite of it. I do not eat everything in site.

If by any chance I get to that point where my mind wants to eat 4 cookies instead of 1, I take a step away and really think thru what this means in terms of my goals, how I want to look, what I would have to do to burn off the extra calories I had not planned for etc.

Take my advice, when your mind is pushing away your willpower, do what I said above. Step away for just a few minutes and think it thru. You will come to the right decision. You always have choices! Just remember, if you decide to go overboard on your eating, you will have at least thought it thru & understand the consequences & what you might have to do to work off those extra calories.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

No comments:

My Food Diary