My tip of the day is a very important lesson. Many of you may go to the gym and get on that treadmill, elliptical machine or lifecycle & mindlessly go thru the motions. Then you may pick up some weights & do those exercises you saw in your fitness magazine the other day. I am not saying this is a bad thing. Absolutely, getting out there & doing something is always better than doing nothing.
BUT, may I add that if you want to step it up & keep your body challenged always, you need to have a mind body connection to what you are doing. When I am lifting weights, I link in to every muscle and fiber that I am working at that time. I can feel it, see it, understand it. By linking in to your moves, you really begin to understand your own body & what does and does not work for you. You also know if you really need that rest or you are just giving yourself an excuse to stop. The same goes for your cardio. Feel what you are doing & learn to understand if you can kick it up a notch.
You need to put this mind body connection to work for you. For me, it has made all the difference in the world. As my quote of the day says: YOUR BODY CAN DO MORE THAN YOUR MIND THINKS IT CAN! I mean it.. IT CAN!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment