Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Think Outside the Box

I know I have said it before but I feel I must remind everyone that exercise does not have to be all gym workouts or jogging yourself to death. Do things that are fun for you & then just up the intensity. Maybe you like to bike ride or hike or swim or walk on the beach ... lots of things to do!!! I even heard on the news that belly dancing is all the rage now. An intense 1 hour class can burn almost as many calories as jogging per the experts & with all that "movement", you are really working the middle area and many women have lost a couple inches there just from the classes... and they are having fun!!!!!! There are all kinds of classes one can take these days. Look at ballroom dancing that has become popular after Dancing with the Stars hit TV. That is a great workout too! You can find something that you will stick with... just do it with intensity!

Do you have kids? Play at the playground with them. Run around, kick a soccer ball, you can use the equipment there to even do push ups, pull ups, squats etc. while the kids are playing... why do you have to just sit on your butt while they are playing. Utilize the time & place to get some exercise as well & it is setting a good example for the kids!!!

Hey, I have a sister back east (4 years older than me!) that cuts wood & piles it high, tends to 5 acres of land, is redoing her house too. Don't you think all the chopping, lifting, scraping old wall paper & paint is a workout too!!!!! Hey, you can even do bicep curls, shoulder moves & tricep moves with smaller pieces of wood or paint cans ... where gloves so you don't get splinters!!! For The Biggest Loser fans, remember last season when Jillian had her group for a week without the gym & they still were the biggest losers for that week!

Think outside the box.... you can work your body in many different ways without being in the gym. Have fun! The key is TO MOVE!

No comments:

My Food Diary