Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stretching

Quick comment on stretching since I mentioned in my previous post. Always stretch AFTER you are warmed up. Stretching prior to exercise or when you have done nothing to warm up the muscles is not the way to go. Do some form of cardio for 10 minutes or so if you just want to stretch but are not working out that day. If you are working out, the better time to stretch is once your body is warmed up meaning after the workout. If you are doing weights, you can stretch the muscles you are working as an active rest in between sets.

A quick comment for those in cold climates. When I do floor stretching at home during cold weather, I sometimes put a heated blanket on the floor at a low setting to keep my muscles warm against the cold floor or carpet!

No comments:

My Food Diary