Friday, February 01, 2008

Know What You are Eating!

Ok, all of you, don't run around telling people you have no idea why you are not losing weight when you are not doing your due diligence in knowing what you are putting in your mouth. Again, I want to go back to one of my other posts... DO A FOOD JOURNAL to understand exactly what it is you are eating. Don't cheat. There are plenty of free sites that let you log in your food so that you know how many calories you are taking in & what percentage of that food comes from fat, protein and carbohydrates.

Also, to my tip of the day.... READ LABELS. I am an avid label reader. Not only do I want to know the calorie/carb/protein/calorie make up of my foods, but I also want to know if there is saturated fat, how many grams of sugar, fiber grams, sodium level and what the ingredients are in my foods! A "no fat" food can still have tons of calories. Just because it says no fat does not mean low calorie. If you eat a whole box of no fat cookies, you still are ingesting A LOT of calories!!!! Same with "lite". Make sure you read the labels & KNOW WHAT YOU ARE EATING!

If you go out to eat, many restaurants have information about their food online. Check it out before you go. Also, check out calorieking.com, one of my favorite websites, for lots of information on fast food places and more.

No comments:

My Food Diary