OK, please excuse the hair and outfit!!!!!! This is a very OLD picture of me in the 1980's! This was after I lost weight BUT I had not incorporated a good program of weights/resistance training in to my routine. I also ate less, weighed about the same (maybe a couple pounds less since muscle weighs more than fat) and I now where a size smaller... sometimes 2 sizes smaller!Look at this picture vs. my current picture or even the one I posted when I was 40 years old. Weight training, cardio routines and eating consistently healthy with sufficient protein, adequate carbohydrate intake from the "better carb choices" (not white flour, not sugar carbs etc.) and enough fat calories from healthy fats has made all the difference.
Muscles burn more calories at rest so that right there is a reason to add resistance training. I will again say that the food portion of this equation is HUGE! I eat very clean because I want the lean look I have now. Not everyone has to eat "as clean" as I do. Each person's goals are different so make your exercise/food program based on your particular goals. BUT, if you want that lean & very muscular look, you are going to have to get down to business & eat very clean. It is just a fact.
Do what is right for you, not what is right for someone else!

No comments:
Post a Comment