Monday, September 01, 2008

Training for You!!!!

I read an interesting interview in my Diet Detective newsletter with a man that wrote a book called "Look Good Naked". The reason I mention it is because he subscribes to many of the same things I do & that I have written about here like:

  • "Since exercise follows the law of specificity—which states that you need to train specific to your goals—it’s essential to take these factors into account when devising a comprehensive routine. One of the biggest mistakes I see personal trainers make is that they train women the same way they train men."
  • "To develop a mind-to-muscle connection. When you lift a weight, you should consciously visualize the target muscle and feel it working throughout the complete range of motion."
  • "The human body is the most resourceful of all organisms and intuitively adapts to repetitive stress, including that from exercise. The longer you use the same exercises in a routine, the less effective they become."

These are just some of the points he makes & there is much more to read. I don't agree with every little thing he says but a lot of it. Since every body is different. You have to find what works for you.. now where have you heard that before.. right here!

Read the full interview here: http://www.dietdetective.com/content/view/2656/97/

No comments:

My Food Diary