Sunday, September 14, 2008

Foods That Increase Cancer Risk

My sister sent me this article & I thought it would be good to share with you all. Anything we can do to improve our fitness and health is important. The attached article outlines this person's view of the top 10 foods that increase your cancer risk.

I would like to note that this person says to eat medium or rare meat. I, personally, do not suggest rare meat due to the possibility of getting sick if you do not cook the meat to the required temperature. Rare meat exposes you to the chance of getting some sort of food illness. Check a site like Food Network or other cooking sites to be sure you are cooking to the correct internal temperature.

Also, the article says to avoid sugar & artificial sweeteners. Again, I, myself, do not eliminate these totally from my diet. I think we all have to decide for ourselves how much we want to cut out or cut down. Sugar is in many foods so do read labels & check the sugar grams. You would be surprised how many grams of sugar you are eating per day. Same with artificial sweeteners. Be aware of what you are putting in your body & make decisions that are right for you & you can live with but at least arm yourself with knowledge.... knowledge is the key! Be aware!

Here is the full article:
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/top-10-foods-that-increase-cancer-risk.html

No comments:

My Food Diary