Monday, September 22, 2008

Gym and Germs

I saw this article in my Oxygen Women's Fitness "e" letter & it caught my attention because it is something I think about whenever I am in the gym. This article laid out a series of things you can do to try to keep yourself free of sickness & unwanted germs while you are in the gym. Some suggestions are trying not to touch your face, bring your own mat ( my sister had a prob with this so a good suggestion.. have you looked at some of these mats.. YUCK!), wipe down benches, handles & equipment with gym provided sanitizer or bring your won (I carry that in my bag), bring your won towel (a must!) and more.

I always bring a larger towel for the benches & a smaller face towel for wiping my face vs. using that one for the bench on my face. I also make sure that the same side of my towel hits the bench or equipment every time & the clean side stays against my body. I also wipe down benches & handles of the equipment. I regularly wash my weight gloves too. I know this may all seem crazy to some but a lot of people are working out & some may have colds, the flu or other problems so this just makes me feel better. Do what feels right for you.

Here is the link to the full story: http://www.oxygenmag.com/gymgerms

No comments:

My Food Diary