Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Small Steps, Big Gains

I know you all have heard the stories about just "get moving" & you will improve your health & maybe lose weight along the way. There have been many articles too about getting a pedometer & working to get yourself up to 10,000 steps per day. I have blogged endlessly about trying to get people to just start doing something, anything, just to get started if you are trying to lose some weight.

I saw this article on Yahoo Health about this very subject & they offered up suggestions on how to just "get moving" like taking the stairs, walking the dog, walk the kids to school & more. One thing I do is park farther away when I go somewhere as long as I feel it is safe to do that. I also take stairs and stand up at times vs. just sitting.

Check out the article & read other suggestions to get yourself moving in the right direction:

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/rockertraining/11668/get-moving-daily-tips-for-staying-fit/

No comments:

My Food Diary