Sunday, September 07, 2008

Eating While You Cook

Many of us have this problem of picking & eating the food we are preparing for a meal.. especially if it is for a family or couple versus just for ourselves. A bite hear, a sip there, a munch or nibble over there for every little thing we are cooking. Little bites, sips, tastes & munches DO ADD UP. I read this article from the Diet Blog about this & will attach the link at the end my post.

There were varying points of view on this. Many said you have to taste the food to know if the seasoning is correct & if it tastes good. I certainly understand that, even not being a cook myself. BUT, I absolutely think people get carried away with their "tasting" & it turns into more a small meal than just a taste to check seasoning & such. We are not stupid & know the difference so don't play the fool or make excuses is all I am saying to this response. The article offers up suggestions to keep you from "testing the seasoning" too often & also some small snack suggestions as well. I felt the article was worth sharing with you.

Read it here:

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2008/09/05/time_to_stop_picking_food_while_cooking.php

No comments:

My Food Diary