I know many of you go on vacation this time of year & it is a great time for me to offer up advice on how not to pack on pounds while you travel.For me, the first thing I do is pack food for the plane or car trip, especially a plane trip! I do not want to be at the mercy of the airlines or the airport! I also pack food that can go in a carry on for when I get to my destination. I have certain protein/food bars that I like & I pack those just in case I can't find them at my destination. I also pack protein powder for those just in case situations.
Once I am "there", I try to always find fresh food on the go if possible. I drink my water & I also think ahead to what we are doing so I can prepare for what is coming at me. This is not to say that I don't have a splurge on vacation but I want to save that for something I really want & I don't want to come home feeling bloated & needing to find a way to get 5+ pounds off because I ate everything in site.
I also keep active whether it is walking or taking in the fun activities of the local destination.
Check out this link from The Diet Blog that talks about vacation eating & quite honestly mimics many of my own points. Enjoy & be healthy at the same time!
http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2008/07/15/the_holiday_diet_maintaining_weight_over_summer.php

No comments:
Post a Comment