
One pound of muscle takes up only 1/3 the space of 1 pound of body fat. That is why if you have more muscle & therefore a lower percentage of body fat, you may weigh more than another person that looks heavier than you. Muscle weights more than fat & is condensed into a smaller package.
So, for those of you with a good muscular frame, be careful of those generic BMI tests. A person like myself (in the pic here) that is 5'1'' and weighs 115-119 pounds, depending on the time of month and other things, may come out with a score that says I have a higher BMI than I actually do because I am so muscular.
You can weigh yourself & keep a check on that BUT do pay attention to how your clothes fit too. They can be a much better indicator of how well your fitness program or weight loss program is working for you!

1 comment:
Yep!
Post a Comment