Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tips for a Better Cardio Workout

I was looking at some of my favorite sites & saw this article on tips for a better cardiovascular workout. I read thru it & these are things I do & agree with & felt it important enough to share with you. The site is Be Fit and Strong. It is on my Fav Websites list.

I want to respond to a couple things in the article. In the first paragraph, it discusses how you must change the intensity over time. You can't just keep doing the same thing over & over again for years & expect improved results. You must challenge yourself to do better. You must vary the the types of exercises you do & the intensity of them. I have talked about this before. Very important!

The article also discusses wearing the right footwear, hydration, eating before a workout & more. It is something you all can learn from. Check it out at:

http://befitandstrong.com/10-tips-for-a-more-effective-workout/

Let me tell you that in my younger & less knowledgeable days, I did the same ole thing. I did not vary my cardio exercises. I would get on the treadmill & run for a certain period of time at a certain speed for so many minutes, & then another speed for so many minutes & so on .. day after day. Now people may see me on the treadmill every time I am in the gym but I vary it all the time PLUS I also use other machines for cardio as well.

If you want to see better & improved results, take this information to heart. You definitely will see results by changing things up & challenging yourself!

No comments:

My Food Diary