As I did my morning jog today, I noticed 3 older people out walking with their canes and another older lady out really struggling with her walker to take a walk. It made me think of people that give me all the excuses in the world as to why they can't exercise.
- They tell me they are embarrassed due to their weight - well, without exercising & trying to eat better, that weight is not coming off.
- They tell me they are too busy. I have already written a post about how studies have proven that even breaking your workouts up in to 10 or 15 minute increments 3 times a day can help you lose weight. Listen, something is better than nothing!
- They tell me that they just don't have the will power.. listen, if these older people can be out with canes & walkers than you can get out there too.
I know this sounds harsh to some but think of these older people out there with their canes and walkers, think of the wheelchair athletes, think of the people we see jog with the prosthetic legs. Give yourself more credit & just do something. You can do way more than you think you can & you will be the better for it!!!!

1 comment:
Agree that some days the mental struggle is the biggest hurdle. Sometimes, I have to bargain with myself to do 5 or 10 mins of something simple & find that I can always do more. Definitely worthwhile.
Post a Comment