Many of you may have read the articles citing research that says artificial sweeteners may cause you to eat more and gain weight. They also relate gaining weight to drinking more diet soda due to the artificial sweeteners. Yahoo Health had an article on diet sodas that stated that "Recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners in soda may interfere with your body’s ability to estimate how many calories you’ve ingested, so you eat more than you need." Read the whole article at: http://health.yahoo.com/experts/healthieryou/371/skip-the-diet-soda/.
I wanted to pass this along for those of you that may want to think this through & even test it out by eliminating artificial sweeteners or reducing your use of them to see if it helps your weight loss program.
For me, I have been using artificial sweeteners for a long time & have not found this to be true for me but I am a very disciplined person when it comes to eating & working out. I did try some of the more natural sweeteners like stevia & had problems with my stomach so I had to stop.
I think this is definitely worth considering for those that may want to see if it is a help to them. It can't hurt to try it & see if you are one of those people effected by artificial sweeteners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment