
The website Hungry Girl had a very interesting question posted on their site today. A reader wanted to know why when she added up all the information on the food label, the calories did not equal 100% all the time like you think they should do. Here is the question:
"Dear Hungry Girl, I am an avid label-reader, and I've noticed recently that the numbers don't always add up anymore. I used to be able to multiply the number of carbs by four, fat grams by nine, and protein by four -- then I'd add all of those numbers together and have the total calories. It used to add up correctly 100% of the time. Now I find that it rarely adds up -- especially in foods that contain high amounts of fiber. What gives? Label-Baffled"
Go to this link to read the answer:
http://www.hungry-girl.com/askhg/askhgdetails.php?isid=1522
For those of you that are real sticklers about food journaling, this will be a big help & just real interesting for the rest of us!!!!

1 comment:
Very Interesting! I did not know that fiber "calories" are often not counted in calorie totals on foods.
Thanks for the great post. Keep it up--love your blog!
Post a Comment