Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mind/Muscle Exercise Link

I have written a lot on the importance of a mind/muscle link whenever you exercise. I feel this is important for both cardio & weight training. If you think about it, how would elite athletes do so well without some sort of mind link to their sport. The same goes for your resistance training.

I absolutely follow the mind/muscle link motto whenever I work out & I attribute it to the gains I have made along the way. Every workout has this as the most important component because if I don't connect with what I am doing or if I don't listen to my body, I will not "hear" what my body is telling me. Even doing the same move, I may tweak the position of my body from workout to workout because I am paying attention to this mind/muscle link & some days it just feels better to do that same move a bit differently.

Check out this article from Oxygen Women's Fitness (and the pic is from that magazine too) that discusses the mind muscle link. Read it here: http://oxygenmag.com/mindmuscle

No comments:

My Food Diary