Wednesday, August 06, 2008

After Dinner Snacking

So yesterday I provided a link to some snack choices for you. Today, I am following up with an article about the dreaded after dinner snacking or late night eating. We all fall prey to this at some point or another... eating too much after dinner, later at night, watching TV etc.

Some of us just don't eat enough during the day & it all hits at night. As you know, I am an advocate of eating small mini meals during the day if you can do that. It keeps the body fueled & you are less likely to be so hungry when you get home that you eat anything & everything in site. Some of us are just bored & eat mindlessly in front of the TV or computer. Again, I have posted about eating consciously & slower. Pay attention to what you are eating & slow down so the body can register that you are full.

As I discussed yesterday, I plan ahead for my night snacks & also count them out, put them on a plate & leave the rest in the kitchen. The other thing I do is brush my teeth immediately after eating my snack.

Here is the article from Diet Detective with more comments & suggestions:

http://www.dietdetective.com/content/view/1136/156/

No comments:

My Food Diary