Thursday, August 21, 2008

Negative Talk & Losing Weight

I know that many of us use that negative talk against & to ourselves. Hey, I admit it, I do it too even after all these years. You think by now that I would have gotten over that but there are times when it still comes back to bite me. Just like you, I look in the mirror & see those negative things that seep up from within. We all have our insecurities that we must deal with day by day.

Diet Blog had a good article on this negative self talk & how to turn it around to your advantage. For example, say I am CHOOSING not to eat that right now vs. I SHOULDN'T eat that. Or, I AM NOT having fries today vs. I am NOT ALLOWED to have fries.

I think we all know this but we don't apply it in our every day lives. Check out the full article at:
http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2008/08/20/how_do_you_talk_about_your_diet.php.

Start working on this area & you just may find yourself overcoming obstacles in every area of your life, not just fitness and weight loss!

No comments:

My Food Diary