Yesterday's post discussed 7 points to weight loss success. I made note that you have to find a program that works for you. We are all different and our bodies are different so we want to make sure we can live with our food program for life.
I discussed how carb lovers can still have carbs & lose weight. So many go on these low carb "diets" and then gain all of the weight back & more after they go "off the diet". I, for one, love bread, so I have found a way to keep that in my program. I have found very healthy whole grain breads that are low in fat, have good amounts of protein & fiber for bread and taste great! You just have to make the effort to find one or two you enjoy & substitute that bread for your other bread if you are now eating white bread or other non 100% whole grain breads. I love bagels also but make them a treat once a week now rather than all the time. I have also found good cereals like Kashi & others that have protein in them too. I measure them out so I know I don't overdo it. I eat the cereal as a mini treat during the day.
Listen, if you want it bad enough, you have to make choices to give up some things you eat all the time & love and make them treats versus every day staples. I eat healthy 85% of the time and some may say 95% but either way, I do find ways to fit in things I love & want to eat. I work out hard & I have made this choice so I can enjoy some fun things.
Now as I get older, I have really had to rein in some things even as hard as I work out & even as healthy as I eat but I have still found a way to fit in the things I really want to eat, even if it is just once a week.
If it is worth it to you, you can do it!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment