Thursday, August 07, 2008

Back Exercises

I wanted to share a different way to work your back & lats, lat pulldowns with a stability ball. I have been doing this move for a long time but I have so many things to write about, I just don't always get to everything. Since back was part of my workout this morning, I remembered to write about this PLUS I was not distracted by another subject. Although, I really was but will put that off for another post!!

I like this move for the back because when I do it, I make it different from the day I use a standard lat pulldown machine when I use a bit heavier weight. I use a lighter weight on the cable machine & actually do a scapula squeeze before then pulling down in to the lat pulldown. Just as a point of information, you can also do close grip pulldowns, rows, straight arm pulldowns on this machine as well.

So, to do this move, use a free motion crossover machine if you have access to one or any cable crossover machine otherwise. With the free motion ones, you can adjust where you want to place the handles so that is why I like to do this on that machine. Place yourself between the 2 handles, grab them & sit down on the ball. Get in the position that feels right for you & do your standard pulldown. I like to use varying grips. This means that I use a overhand, underhand & neutral grip to change it up.

I am attaching a video I found on the web for you to look at. When I do my pulldowns, I don't come down quite as far as in this video but mine more resembles the form you do on a standard lat pulldown machine. Play around with it & see what feels right for you.

Here is the link & this site also shares other exercises you can do with the ball & cable machine. Enjoy!

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/swiss-ball-lat-pull-down/1665261021

No comments:

My Food Diary