Sunday, November 30, 2008

Abdominal Gadgets



Abs are always a thing both men and women want to improve all the time. There are many opinions out there on what works best and also many opinions on how many times per week you should work them & with how much resistance. Me, I try to constantly change my exercises and/or the order, resistance, timing (slow vs. a bit faster) etc. I also have found that working my abs/core at least 5 times per week does not hurt me but I know others that like the 3-4 times per week. I don't use heavy resistance & my abs like a little higher rep range so I say try some different things & see what works for you.

Diet Blog had an interesting article on ab gadgets. I found it informative & agree with many of the points. And yes, the ab wheel shown in the picture above does work! You can also use a stability ball to do this exercise by resting your forearms on it & rolling out in the same manner. Planks are always a great exercise in any form. Many experts also agree that the bicycle ab move & hanging leg raises (done with good form & no swinging) are good as well.

Check out the article but do try different things to see what works best for you. And as always, variety & change are key and abs do like change!!!

No comments:

My Food Diary