Friday, November 07, 2008

Why "Diets" Fail



OK, how often have I posted about this... too many times to count! Don't go on a diet. Go on a program of changing your food & fitness habits for life!!!! I have said this over & over. The word diet tends to mean to people that you are going on some sort of program to lose weight & then they will go back to life as before. This just can't happen.

I know this first hand. Once you lose the weight, you really have to work at it for life. Get over it & accept this. It is a fact of life. If your health is that important to you then this should be too! I lost weight years ago but I have had to work at it since then & I have had to change many things along the way as my body & hormones changed with age. Hey, this does not mean that you never get to enjoy "fun foods" as you may call them. There are many ways to work that in!

Diet blog had a great article on why diets fail like depriving yourself of fun foods, emotional factors (WHICH IS HUGE) and more. In fact my favorite comment: "When people diet, they often eat in a way which is not sustainable long-term - so as soon as the diet ends, they go straight back to their old ways." As I have said many times, you have to have a program that you can live with for life!!!!

Read the article about why diets fail & tips for avoiding that:

No comments:

My Food Diary