Monday, December 29, 2008

Weight Loss Must!



I have posted many times on the need to keep the body guessing to achieve your best results & reach your goals. If you are just starting out, you will definitely lose weight right away as long as you are not eating more than you admit to or eating more than you are working off. Once you get to a certain point though, your body needs change. You can't do the same thing over & over again, day in and day out, without your body hitting a plateau. Your body is smart & gets used to the same thing.

There are many things you can do to switch up your routine. You can try a different cardio workout (different machines, pace, level, intensity), you can try a different class ( you can do cardio boxing rather than the step class), do intervals ( one of the best things for burning fat & it continues AFTER the workout), change the rep/weight sequence of your weight routine, change which body parts you work on which day, change the order etc. I can go on & on. But if you are at a plateau, CHANGE IT! And even if you are not, change is good!

Check out this article from I Look Like Fit that says the same thing in a different way. Just want to show you that I am not the only person saying it!

No comments:

My Food Diary