
So, there are plenty of articles out there to help you maintain your weight through the holidays. This particular one from Yahoo Health by the "Eat This, Not That" guy has 5 simple suggestions for you. I have mentioned some in the past like taking a walk, just keeping busy, keeping up the exercise routine and more. He mentions clipping on that pedometer to track your steps.. a great idea! Read the article here:
For me, some of the things I do are:
- Never miss a workout even if I have to make it a shorter one.
- Don't take every get together as an excuse to eat everything in sight. Pick 1 or 2 things & eat a small amount. If you have many parties to go to I suggest picking a couple of them that you really want to "enjoy" and eat healthy at all the others.
- Plan ahead. I am a big fan of this. I always have something I want to eat on hand. I also plan ahead if I want to eat more.... a more intense workout or super clean eating before and/or after the event.
- I really am a person that sticks to my program. Yes, I may enjoy my cookies through the holidays but I just don't get into all that overeating & feeling like crap after.. plus having to get the weight off that took so long to take off to begin with... UGH! You know it is always easier to gain than to lose.
- If all else fails, wear tight or form fitting clothes.. that will stop you from over doing it!!!
Enjoy but enjoy in moderation.

No comments:
Post a Comment