Monday, December 15, 2008

Treadmill Workout


I just got my Oxygen "e" newsletter & I have lots I want to share with you. I will post some of this great stuff over the next few days. If you subscribe to Oxygen Women's Fitness, you will see much of this in the February issue. If you do not subscribe, it should be at your local bookstore now.

Anyway, they had a good treadmill workout to share with you. For those short of time, it is great because it takes only 25 minutes. If you are in better shape, take the basics of the program & up the intensity or speeds. For people like me that are advanced, I really have to ramp this up but I think it is great place to start for those needing guidance and/or for those needing to fit in shorter workouts during the holidays. The speed may be too fast for some so in that case, just slow the speed down and or hill walk (which really works the butt!). As you can see, there are some incline jogs in this routine which may be harder for newbies. As I said before, use the basics & work it to fit you.

For those wondering about me, I do longer cardio sessions but this is a good plan if I am short of time. I would just increase the speeds on the lower incline sessions & I like to hill walk at the highest incline of 15 & also alternate with slower hill jogs. I could do that along with lowering the incline & jogging a bit faster. The body loves change!

Keep active during these crazy holiday times even if it is shorter sessions. Stress relief & keep the bod in tact!

Here is the link to the article: http://www.oxygenmag.com/quickcardio

No comments:

My Food Diary