Friday, May 09, 2008

Stretching-Important to Your Health

I know that in these busy times, many don't want to take the extra 10-15 minutes to stretch. It does seem like just more to do BUT it really is important in the long run. Take it from a 50 year old. We do get less flexible as we age & body parts can get injured much more easily than when we were younger. I used to be able to do a split by just "doing it... whether I was warmed up or not. Now, it takes me 10-15 minutes of stretching (after warming up first) to feel comfortable doing that split.. BUT I CAN STILL DO IT! This comes from maintaining a stretching program for many years now. If I even stop for a week, it takes me some time to work back into it... so I have learned to stretch no matter where I am.. vacation or not.

Please check out the link below to an article from Diet Detective on the benefits of stretching. Hey, you can do this while you are watching TV or listening to music too! IT REALLY DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE... take it from this 50 year old lady!

http://www.dietdetective.com/content/view/52/157/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article--love the stretches at the end.
I do have chronic pain and so I know it is so important to stretch. THanks for the great reminder!

My Food Diary