OK, I want to address that "time of the month" when you feel like eating everything & not working out. Men, you may want to tune out but reading this may help you have a better understanding of the women in your life OR help you during a time you are stressed.
Many women, if not 99% of us, have monthly hormone craziness when the urge for certain foods drives us crazy. For me, it is carbs.. like bread, cookies or things like that. Even the Kashi Go Lean cereal calls my name and anything in excess means extra weight even if it is healthy. What to do!!! Me, I establish that I know what is going on... we all do, so don't fool yourself. Take a breather & think about what is "calling you name" and then find a way to fit it into your food plan. Don't eat everything in site or the whole bag of M&M's or chips. You are going to end up feeling worse afterwards & mad at yourself too. Portion out a treat size for yourself and just manage it into your program. It takes strength & willpower to do this but for me, better than having to find a way to work off 3-5 pounds of junk I ate do to the hormones!
Working out throughout is also a help. I know it is tempting to not because you feel like crap but do it anyway! Believe me, I have had the unfortunate luck of being a person that gets bad cramps, bad PMS & bad "monthly's" that are longer than the norm and I still work thru it. If we gave in every month to this, think how much more weight we would pack on due to overeating & not exercising.
Find a way that you can live with and work thru the food cravings & DO NOT stop exercising "just because". YOU CAN MAKE IT THRU IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TOO IT! I may have to take that Advil before hand to feel better but I still workout. And yes, at 50, I still have the monthly!
Believe in yourself that you can do more than you think you can!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment