Yesterday's post discussed 5 common exercise mistakes. One of those was goal setting. I wanted to talk about this today because setting goals & a plan for each of my workouts has been a key to staying on track and making ongoing progress for me.Before each workout, I establish want I want to accomplish & what I want to do for that particular workout. I also think of a few back-up plans in case a piece of equipment is not available for use. I do this both for cardio & weights. For those of you that are "newbies" or even if you are intermediate or advanced, if you are not doing this, this is something that can definitely help you push forward past a plateau or just "stagnation".
I can attest that planning my workout ahead of time has helped me attain goals I did not think possible. Also, this is where logging your workouts (and food) are important so that you can see what you have done, progress you have made or if not and where you might be able to make changes to your current routine.
Give this a try & make your goals more attainable!
- Picture is from Oxygen Magazine online

No comments:
Post a Comment