Sunday, June 01, 2008

Mindful Eating

Those of you that visit my site often have read my previous post on mindful eating. This means paying attention to what you are eating at the time, savoring the taste and smell. Eating consciously by taking a bite, putting the fork or food down, enjoying it, chewing it before you take another bite. This is all about not stuffing that food down without thinking like when you are eating popcorn at a movie & have no idea where the whole bag/box went or eating in front of the TV and wondering where your whole dinner went since. You are not eating mindfully & consciously.
I bring this up again because of yesterday's post. When the hormones take over we tend to lose track of what is going in our mouth. Try to use the principle above of mindful eating so you can enjoy that treat that is helping you thru the hormone craziness or stress. I did that this weekend. I also know that I plan to have a "walk date" with a friend that will add more cardio exercise than I normally do in a week. I have also established a couple other changes in my food program that I will implement this week to make up for my hormone craziness this weekend.

Hey, if you are going to eat it, slow down, enjoy it and don't end up wondering how come that tasty treat is already gone!
*Picture from Oprah.com

No comments:

My Food Diary