Thursday, May 15, 2008

Consistency-Why It Is Important

I have written so much about the importance of consistency but this is why I feel it is so important. Without consistency, you never learn about your own body.. what works and what doesn't work for you, what your body does and does not like, what is a serious pain versus just after workout "feelings". This is not just about exercise either. Be consistent with your food plan too because that is the only way you will know how the body reacts to certain foods, what percentages of carbs, fat & protein work best for you, which foods work better to make your body look the way you want it to look.

I say all of this because without consistency, you never will learn how your body reacts to things & without that, you will not feel when it is right to make smaller & larger changes to your program. I have done this all along with my workout program but the food is just as important too. I have had to make adjustments & changes all along the way due to my age, my goals at that time & just what the body is doing... I make the changes, watch & adjust based on what I see in the mirror & in my clothes.. not necessarily the scale.

This is what I have learned along the way. By staying consistent, I really know when my body is changing (either hormone wise or just in general with age). It tells me because I listen to it!!! I know when to make small & big changes not only in my food but my fitness program as well because I have learned to listen to it, make the mind body connection & take action to do what is necessary when my body asks for change.

Consistency is key to reaching your goals in more ways than one!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can be applied to life as well.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! And even more important in raising children.

My Food Diary