Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Core Strength

Well, I had intended to do a stretching post today but I ran across this article on Exercise About (see my Fav Websites) regarding core strength. You have read a lot in my posts about the importance of "core" strength in not only exercise but all aspects of your life. Having a strong core prevents injuries now & as we age, helps prevent back injuries as well as helps us do everyday activities with more ease/less injury. Check out the link below as it explains exactly what the core is & exercises to strengthen it. I also want to mention that if the pike is too hard, you can modify it. You will start out in a plank position with your feet on the ball & instead of piking, just bend your knees & roll the ball in bringing your knees toward your chest. I do both versions and like them both. Here is the link:

http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/a/corestrength.htm

No comments:

My Food Diary