I saw this good article on Diet Blog (link is on my Fav Websites) about an honest guide to weight loss. People really want to think there is a miracle pill or cure out there but this just is not so. It comes down to eating better & exercising. Sorry to disappoint those that still feel they can get something for nothing.Think about it. We had phen/fen out there years ago that turned out not to be what it claimed. We have the weight loss surgeries now that do help the very obese but you still have to exercise & eat good after that. We all have seen the multiple stories on those that gained the weight back and more.. multiple times too. There is this new product Alli. It costs a lot per month & it says right in the information that if you eat more fat than they recommend, you are going to have some very "uncomfortable" side effects. It also states that you need to eat well & exercise to get good long term results. I don't know.. why spend the money then.. just do it yourself.. just my opinion. Check out this article from MayoClinic.com to read more:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alli/WT00030
I am giving you the link to the Diet Blog article & take a read. I really like all the points but especially #'s 3, 4 and 6. They all are good though! I want to make a point about #1. The writer is correct.. lots of junk books out there but there are good ones so just do your homework & don't believe everything you read or hear!!!!
Now, let's all just take our baby steps day by day to get to our goals. There always is another day & another meal so don't beat yourself up over one "bad thing".
Here is the link to the Diet Blog article:
http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2008/06/23/an_honest_guide_to_weight_loss.php

1 comment:
very informative details about Alli thanks for that, nice article
Post a Comment