Monday, June 16, 2008

Workout & Focus

Well, my workout time was way more busy than normal & that got me a bit off. I like it really quiet although I know some of you feed off having people around. Not me. I am extremely self motivated when it comes to my workouts. Anyway, I wanted to take this time to mention how I get thru these times that "could" throw me off.

First, I have an iPod filled with music that spurs me on & keeps me going. Many studies have proven that listening to music while you work out makes for a better workout session and people seem to work harder. I also like it because it keeps me focused & quite honestly, less people will try to come up & talk to you if you have a head set on. Listen, I am more than willing to offer up information & advice if someone wants it & asks me, but when I am working out, that is my time and gym etiquette says wait till they are done working out! Hey, if you are chatting away instead of working out, you are not working hard enough. Plus, don't interrupt someone else's routine & throw them off. Be respectful of their time. Just quickly ask if you could speak with them AFTER their workout. That gives them the option of talking to you now or later but at least you have been respectful of their time & workout.

Second, I just really get "in to the zone" so I tune out all the other clutter & people. I get into my mind/muscle link & stay there. If it is cardio, I get that music going & focus on the best cardio session possible.

If something in the gym throws you a curve ball, get that music going, get focused, don't chat & link into the mind/muscle or mind/body link & turn that negative to a positive. You and your body will be happy for it!

No comments:

My Food Diary