I received a question regarding my post on my mini meals and how many calories each mini meal should be. Again, I think a person needs to establish what their day is like, when they work out etc. Of course, an easy way to do it is to figure out how many calories you want to be eating each day. Diet Detective (see my Fav Websites) has a tool that will tell you this based on your weight, age, exercise intensity and more. Once you know that, to lose weight, you need a calorie deficit. Decreasing your calories by 500 per day will give you a 1 pound per week weight loss. This can be a combination of doing exercise that equates to 250 calories plus eating 250 calories less or any combination thereof. I get to this number because there are 3500 calories per 1 pound of weight, divided that by 7 (days in the week) and you get to the 500 calories per day.
Once you know your calories, you can just divide that by how many mini meals you will be eating in the day. Easy! For me, I establish times I need more calories than others like after a workout so I may eat more at that meal than a smaller in between meal that would be more like a snack to those eating 3 main meals & 2 snacks. Every body is different so you need to find the balance that works for you. For me, I eat more at certain mini meals than others.
I know it is a pain to do all that figuring I talk about in paragraph one but what a small sacrifice to make to reach your goals. If you want it bad enough, you will do what it takes to get there. Work it out & it will be well worth your time! Better health, better life, better you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great advice! Thanks!
Post a Comment