
I received a comment on my post yesterday regarding balance and the BOSU balance trainer. This tool is a great addition to your normal routine to not only work on balance but there are so many different exercises you can do on it that work all parts of the body AND it works the core too!I do use this tool in my own program to work many body parts & challenge my balance as well. I have flatter than flat feet and my overpronation is so bad that just balancing on the floor is hard for me. BUT, that does not deter me. I strive every workout to do better & challenge myself so this BOSU trainer is part of that and I really like it!
Check out the 2 links below for more exercises using this tool. There are also more resources on the web & books at your local bookstore. Do be careful when first using the BOSU because you will "tip" for lack of a better word until you get better at it. Stay near a wall or solid piece of furniture/equipment as you learn to use the BOSU. The pictures above are from the first link.
http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blbosu.htm
http://www.bosu.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=bosu/story.html?article=2408

1 comment:
Great idea. How often should we work on our balance?
Post a Comment