Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Resolution Help/Recipe Makeovers

As we celebrate a new President today along with hope for an improving & better future for all, I thought why not again help you all with your own new beginnings for a healthier & fitter you! I am going to have a few links here for you today.

I offer up a resolution help guide from the Hungry Girl (HG) site (suggestions that are new & old) along with her version of a printable grocery list. HG's site tries to offer up healthy food & recipes but also incorporates more packaged/canned/boxed goods to work with along with fresh foods. I don't eat a lot of the boxed & packaged goods as I prefer to use as many fresh foods as possible but she does offer help for busy people on the go or people that are are working to incorporate better choices into their lifestyle. I also will provide two recipe makeovers from her site.

From Oxygen Women's Fitness, I will provide a link for their online site. Scroll down to What's Fresh & the printable grocery shopping list there. This is a list for the recipes available for that particular site. There are also other recipes like a bean dip, vegetable lasagna and Poached Salmon with Herbed Cucumber Sauce. Do read the whole site as there is a lot of great information there. Oxygen prefers to go by the Clean Eating rule & uses many more fresh ingredients & food at it's most natural state as possible along with lots of spices. Oxygen tries to reduce packaged good as much as possible.

  • HG Resolution Guide and link to printable grocery list:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/biteoutdetails.php?isid=1636


  • HG Zucchini Muffin makeover:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1639


  • HG Chicken Wrap makeover:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1647


  • Clean Eating link for Grocery List & recipes:

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/newsletter/january2009/

No comments:

My Food Diary