Sunday, January 04, 2009

How To Lose Weight



Yes, I am going to tell you how to lose weight & many people won't like it because it involves working at it & there is no miracle cure or pill that will make you thin & lean. I have worked at this from the age of 16 years until now at 51 years old. I did it wrong a lot of years & I now do it right. My plan matches up with the article from Diet Blog that I will quote now:

"Here's what almost all successful weight loss maintainers are doing to keep their weight down: They self-monitor their weight regularly, they eat breakfast and -- here's the bad news -- they all get in at least an hour or more of physical activity per day. That's it, no book to buy or prescription to follow. That's what works."

The article discusses many things that are proven to work like: make a plan, set specific and measurable goals, think before you eat, look to the past for what did not work, find something you will do for life. Hmmmmmmmmmm, where have you heard this before? Right here, that is where... you read it here on my blog!

I will say on the food end that the article says that successful losers "eat breakfast and follow a relatively low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet (sorry Atkins and South Beach fans)". One thing I can say to this is that I have had to change & play around with my protein, carb and fat ratio content all my years. As I aged or as my hormones changed or even my work or exercise schedule changed, I did have to adjust my food & ratios. Right now I eat 20-25% calories from fat, approximately 30-35% from protein (especially on weight lifting days) and the rest from complex carbohydrates. I do know around how many calories I eat & that is based on my workout schedule as well. I probably eat more calories than many of you because I work out very hard. I always eat breakfast!!!!

OK, here is the article. Read it & take note:

No comments:

My Food Diary